In person or online supervision
I have worked as a communication professional for over ten years, starting as a Communication Support Worker, then qualifying as BSL/English Interpreter, Electronic notetaker and Lipspeaker. I am passionate about clients having full access to any services they need, and my driving force is ensuring they feel like a valued member of their community.
Having previously worked within the helping profession, professional supervision’s importance and benefits have been consistent throughout my working life, enabling me to grow as a professional. This led me to complete a Diploma in Professional Supervision with Iron Mill, specialising in providing supervision to communication professionals, such as Lipspeakers, Notetakers, Sign Language Interpreters, and to Allied Healthcare Professionals. Supervision allows you to focus on your work practice in a confidential, non- judgmental, open, and honest space, in a mutually respectful professional manners. It creates dedicated time to reflect on any decisions you have made and to discuss any issues, emotions and dilemmas that may arise.
An initial consultation is offered free of charge to discuss what you would like to gain from supervision and how we can also work together. I am based in Devon, and sessions can be delivered face-to-face or remotely.
About my profession
- Diploma in Supervision (2021)
- Signature Level 3 certificate in Lipspeaking (2020)
- OCN – Electronic Notetaking (2017)
- PGDip Interpreting & Translation (SLI, 2015)
- BSc (hons) Psychology (2012)
- NRCPD - Registered Sign Language Interpreter
- VLP - Visual Language Professionals
- NUBSLI - National Union of British Sign Language Interpreters
- ANP - The Association of Notetaking Professionals
- ALS - The Association of Lipspeakers
- NADP - The National Association of Disability Practitioners